Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Toxic Popcorn

An ingredient used to create the butter flavor in microwave popcorn, diacetyl, has been causing some concerns for workers in plants who make the product, as it has been shown to have a causative link between the ingredient and bronchiolitis obliterans - a debilitating lung disease. However, a question that has not been addressed is whether or not the diacetyl ingredient is toxic when used in a household setting. Are consumers at risk when microwaving their artificial buttery concoctions? No one really knows, but some manufacturers, such as Pop Weaver (PDF) (HTML), have already removed the ingredient from their product line.



1 comment:

P90X said...

Toxic Popcorn? Now I have to becareful as i ate lots of popcorn! Thanks for the sharing the video

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Addthis